Monday, May 4, 2015

PTB Exoskeletal Prosthesis

Alright lets get down to business. I have never really worked with plaster before. We started off by using plaster bandage to wrap a positive model so that we could get a feel of how that would be.
As a technician we would not be called on to cast anybody. Although I could help the initial cast and shaping is done by the CP. It was good practice for when I do become a CP.
After I poured plaster into my negative wrap it was time to see the fruits of my labor.
 That is mighty fine if you ask me. Time to do some plaster smoothing.
 Here is a shot of my first ever check socket we use polyethylene to save cost instead of copoly. Copoly is used in the field for check sockets.


 Here are a couple pelite liners that are a work in progress.
 Here is my dacron bag and 6-8 layer internal socket layup.
 Here is my dark skin pigment resin beginning to saturate the fibers of the nyglass.
 One selfie for the cause.
 Tying of the reservoir so the is less grinding away in the end. 

Here is my rough formed socket. I have removed the pelite liner and and making ready to put my trimlines in place.
 
 Socket trimmed out MPT marked pelite liner extends above brim for easy extraction.
 Rough sanded, bisector lines and knee flexion and adduction lines referenced. Mounted up in a VFJ.
 For class we used Berkly alignment fixtures to get us acquainted with the alignment issues of tilt, slide, flexion, translation, rotation, and length.
 Now here is just a nice shot of that leg.
 Ready for dynamic alignment with the hip belt and cuff strap suspension system.
 I transferred the the dynamic alignment using the VFJ and foamed the ankle block attachment into place.
 That looks like a misplaced calf if I ever saw one. Actually I am just knocking foam away to find the leg in there.
 That's more like it
 Here we go putting the exo lamination on.
 Now that looks like a pretty nice leg if you ask me.
 Plastizote distal end pad.

Here I am putting this leg through its paces. I will admit I was a little hesitant at first. Turns out these things are tough.
Damage repair

Alright leg you have given me a start and I think I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment